Thursday 17 October 2013

The Waiting

Whimper. The shipment of Update at my LCS hasn't arrived yet. So, I must content myself with contents of an ebay shipment.  Combining shipping, this 4-pack of hits set me back a smidge over $10.00.
My favourite is the newest player in my 2.14 binder. I knew my first card of his would have to be an auto, as there weren't any base cards of his. Just autos. He was an undrafted free agent, so the lack of base cards aren't a surprise in retrospect. He's still with the Ravens in his second year, and managed to see some action in the game against Buffalo. At least in the sense of "I heard his name several times".
Speaking of Bills. Much like Bart Simpson's Mary Worth phone, his face will remind me never to get overconfident over any Bills quarterback ever again. That said, at least it is a nice prime swatch with a shoulder stripe, and I do like how the photo makes it obvious which part of the jersey it came from.
Speaking of Bills QBs, here's one of their alumni, and probably the one with the best season since Jim Kelly retired. And that's really depressing. There's a slight hint of Chargers yellow on the second swatch. Flutie cards always remind me of how I loathe Rob Johnson, especially the fact he managed to pick up a Super Bowl ring as third-stringer on Tampa.
And to wrap it up, here's another McNair hit for the 2/14 binder. I'm still looking for a purple swatch from his time in Baltimore, but I'm still happy to add this one. It's /100.

As I continue to wait by my phone for a call about my Update Jumbo Box...

No comments:

Post a Comment