Monday 28 April 2014

2014 Adventures in Repacks: Part 26 - Part 2

Day 2 of this massive repack box break. Time to work my way through the Collector's Choice portion of it. 3 6 card packs and a rack pack. Since I want to go through at least 5 packs a day, I'll also throw in something a little more upscale - a retail pack of Artifacts.

I'll start with the rack pack. At 36, too many cards to scan everything, but I'll hit the personal highlights.

2009-10 Collector's Choice

Sam Gagner
Brad Richards

Derek Roy - The first keeper card is a Rangers alum. WOO-HOO!

Bobby Ryan - I loved all the celebration photos in this year's sets. I love them here. Even though this one is pretty subdued.

Carey Price - Carey looks way too casual at the puck flies towards him. I hope this was from the warm-ups.
Tomas Fleishmann
Marc Savard
Martin Brodeur

Benn Ferriero - He's bounced up and down from the NHL to the AHL, primarily the latter. Still, 5 seasons of that is pretty good for a 7th rounder.

Carey Price - Stickums - Stickers rule!
Ryan Getzlaf
JP Dumont
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Wojtek Wolski
Nicklas Lidstrom
Mike Green
Patrice Bergeron
Jarome Iginla

Mike Komisarek - I know someone who'd want this.
Nathan Horton
Bryan Little

Mike Foligno - The only Sens card in this portion of the break. And it is an interesting photo of the Foligno working to screen the goalie.

Rick Nash - I love this photo. An intense look on Nash's face as he worked his way up the ice, with a great framing of the pursuing opposition as well as a defenseman in front of him. Who says low-end sets only have bland pictures?
Derick Brassard
Henrik Lundqvist
Kyle Wellwood

Steven Zalewski - It's a parallel of a rookie. Unfortuntely for rookie collectors, he only has 10 NHL games to his credit. For me though, I like coming across cards of guys without a lot of cards to their name.

Rick PiPietro - Another great photo for the mask binder.
Keith Ballard
Rod Brind'Amour
Tomas Kaberle
Sheldon Souray
Jonathan Toews
Daniel Briere
Jordan Staal

Marian Gaborik - And the last card is a 2/14 guy! Great pack!

Now that I'm down to smaller packs, let's scan them all!

2008-09 Pack #1

Colby Armstrong
Sidney Crosby
Nathan Oystrick
Scott Gomez
Kari Lehtonen
Markus Naslund

An Atlanta Thrashers hot pack. With bonus Crosby. Nathan was another 7th round pick to make the bigs, but he has spent the past few seasons in Europe.

Pack #2:

Carey Price
David Booth
Dustin Brown
Milan Lucic
Mike Cammalleri
Eric Staal

A mask binder certainty. A card on its way to TMM by this time next week. And a pretty decent player to get a parallel of. Not bad at all.

Pack #3:

Alexander Frolov
Pascal Leclaire
Detroit Red Wings - 3 Stars
Buffalo Sabres - 3 Stars
Patrick Sharp
Mats Sundin

For me, the highlight was 1/3 of a card featuring Derek Roy. I guess that's better than nothing for the PC.

And some retail Artifacts.
Roberto Luongo
Drew Doughty
Patrick Marleau
Dion Phaneuf - Gold
Dustin Penner

And that's why I limit myself to only 1 or 2 retail packs of Artifacts a year. Even though I really like this year's design.

5 more packs down. Next time, a bunch of O-Pee-Chee.

No comments:

Post a Comment