Friday 20 December 2013

Trade w/ Kerry @ Cards on Cards Part 2

Now for the Blue Jays portion of the trade.
Let's open with 2013 stuff, and probably my favourite Jays card from flagship this season. Considering they've also got a great walk jump off of Rajai Davis and the Encarnacion flex shot, that's a compliment to how much I like the Canada Days jerseys.

Prospect cards and their ilk aren't really a need for my every Jay ever collection, but I'll still add them to the box for now. Bush is the only one of these that I remember, and that's only because there was a game against the Yankees when he found himself pitching against Wang. Bush vs. Wang. And yes, I am eternally twelve years old.
I didn't think there were any cards of Millar as a Blue Jay.  Oh well, that drops one off my list that I didn't even know I needed. Still one left, though, even though it again is someone who never played for Toronto.
Highlighting an '88 Donruss? Sure! Since I had no idea Greg had a major league card in the 80s.
More Delgados! WOO-HOO!
Joey Bats! An always welcome addition, especially since Opening Day is always a challenge to find north of the border.
Let's turn 2!
Neither of my LCS' had any packs of A&G, so any Jays/Mets inserts were very welcome.
Favourite picture of the bunch? How about Frank Thomas just taking it easy prior to a road game.
And to wrap it up, how about a bunch of stickers?

Sorry I wasn't very verbose today. Thanks for the goodies from the Jays portion of the trade, and I'll get to the Mets sometime next week.


2 comments:

  1. Millar has another card as a Blue Jay in 2009 Topps Update. Also, that Thomas is one of my favorites from 2008 Upper Deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to show you are not alone in your perpetual 12-year-old-ness. These guys all started a game for the Blue Jays this year. Bush, Johnson, Wang, and Dickey. They really needed to hire former Reds pitching coach Dick Pole as their PC.

    ReplyDelete