Wednesday 15 August 2018

A Mid-Week Blaster

The local Wally World didn't have one of the Collector's Boxes (which I guess was their term for hobby boxes), so it was one of these as my Bowman choice. I didn't see any Bowman at a non-insane price point, so this will have to do. 7 regular packs, and a parallel pack. I'll hit the highlights.

#1:
Here's the base design. I've never been a fan of having the background of the photo wiped out, but at least there's still about 10 percent of it visible and it does work with the design.
The first of the inserts in this, and I really like this. Very 1995 Flair, and that's not a bad looking design to rip off.

#2:
Nothing much of note in pack #2, so here's King Felix.

#3:
I think this photo was meant to be used on a Panini release. How'd it get in here?

#4:
My first Mets card of the break.
And my second insert. Of the three I landed, this was probably the most interesting of the bunch.

#5:
Mets card #2. And it is one of the product's cover boys!
A lot of the prospects cards feature them in spring training gear or alternate logo caps. Of those, my fave is easily this Texas Rangers one.

#6
The brightest of the inserts.

#7:
My only Jays card. If I'm going to get only one, and it is a prospect-themed set, you can't do any better that it being a Vlad Jr card.

And the bonus pack:
Sparkly!

And there you have it. No hits, but no complaints.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Vlad Jr. pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the Rookie Revelations insert, I thought of mid to late 90's Flair too.

    ReplyDelete