Monday 25 December 2017

My Favourite Card of 2017

As per the contest over at Waiting 'til Next Year, here's my favourite card of the year.

With honourable mention to the Dirk Nowitzki autograph I pulled from Hoops, and the 2017 Topps Now of Chris Coghlan's dive, my pick for the second straight year comes from Series 1 of Upper Deck.
I can't imagine there are too many cards featuring a player tearing up, so this photo of P.K. Subban's return to Montreal is an emotional beauty, capturing a memorable non-game moment from the previous season.

There you have it!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a hockey guy so this card design is new to me. I really like the design and long for the days when UD had a baseball license.
    Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I echo Tom. Nice subtle design and miss Upper Deck baseball!

      Delete
  2. Great choice. Picked this card up at a show just a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled that card in my last pack of the box my mom gave me today. Really glad to have gotten it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card. I remember watching that on NHL.com.

    ReplyDelete