Wednesday 20 November 2019

Chronicles Box Break - Part 2 - Acuña Matata!

I'll wrap up the wax portion of the Expo recap with these three packs. I'll be away for the weekend for Grey Cup, so I'll have some football posts set for a few days, and I'll resume Expo posts on Monday.

Pack 4:
Your base cards in this pack were very Chicago-intensive.
And things were also Chicago-intensive when I started with the parallels.
Numbered parallel #2. While green parallels in Panini-land are frequently numbered /5, this one adds a zero by being /50.
A busy pack with the second autograph in the box coming from this pack. Unlike the first auto, I'd heard of Cionel Perez, but only through his appearances on cards this season.

Pack 5:
MVP! MVP! Bellinger gets a couple cards, and the Chicago content continues.
You know it is an incredible pull if after pulling it, you immediately hit the floor of the Expo looking for an appropriately sized holder for it so it stays in good shape for the journey home. Yup, that's a 1 of 1 on-card autograph of one of the top young stars in baseball today. Earlier this year, an autograph of Acuña Sr came my way via trade for my Mets collection, and now I've got a great candidate to go alongside it.

Now, if someone offers up something similar for my Mets PC, that would be enough to get it out of my possession. But it would take something pretty nice to do so.

Pack 6:
Kinda irrelevant after the last pack, no? Although the Jays content is nice, it does get buried after the 1/1 auto.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa, dude, amazing hit, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a nice moment for any collector. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pretty much know the rest of the packs will be shit when you get a hit like that.

    ReplyDelete