Friday 28 August 2015

Stacks of Wax 2! Part 3! Crowned!

And now, the first box with packs that I dug into. 4 packs, each containing a hit. So, not a lot of extras in this one. With one box containing 500ish cards, I wanted the other wax portion not to be to filling. And here it is!

Pack 1:
And that is the very definition of a particular team being featured in a hot pack. Tom @ the Angels in Order is a Garoppolo super-collector, so that will be PWE'd in that direction at some point. And the hit is pretty interesting - I like Pro Bowl relics for the uniqueness factor, since you know which game the relic comes from.

Pack 2:

And here's the other relic. And another card bound for elsewhere with the Brady. The shinier of the two Rodgers is a gold holofoil parallel /25. Normally, at this point I'd link to the PACKERS! PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL! video, but that will come later.

Pack 3:
This is where I'll link to it:
Since there's a Packers hit in the pack. But, since I already have a Janis-graph courtesy of random group break late last year, that's likely bound for my COMC account. But, a new Bills base card will be staying here, as will a nice shiny /199 of last year Defensive ROY.
And my favourite card of the break comes out here with a Bills autograph. I've got one of his as well, but I can't have too many Bills-graphs. Manning and Luck are an appropriate combo for a Knights/Squires themed card. The Jimmy Graham /99 is the parallel in this.

So, definitely not a good book value base, but some keepers make it not so bad. And it was credit anyhow as opposed to cash.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... at eight base cards per box... this would probably be a challenging set to build. Congratulations on pulling the best QB and WR in the league.

    ReplyDelete