Wednesday 26 August 2015

Stacks of Wax 2! Part 1! Get High with Heritage!

As I said in the box opener, I didn't really want to get this at full price. But, at half price, it is as good a time as any to wrap up the set.

For those of you that can't wait to see what auto I got, here you go:
Was it worth the wait?

On the plus side, at least this appears to be live now, since I did see some on ebay.

I could recap the contents of the box, but Mark @ This Way To The Clubhouse already did such a masterful job of it, there's no need for me to that. But I still want to post stuff, so here are my favourite card backs of the bunch!
Such as all the stats on the back of the LaTroy Hawkins.
Or a pronunciation guide on the back of the Rougned Odor.
But my favourites are the ones in this 4 way tie for first. Cuban League stats! Japanese League stats! AWESOME!

A bummer of an auto, but I really wasn't too concerned about that, since I was more interested in adding the final 100 to my binder.

3 comments:

  1. A redemption card? That is so weird! Never saw one of those in a boxed set before. I'd pee fire if I got that.

    Thanks for the nod, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My High Number autograph was a redemption, too. I was a little luckier with the name, though.

      http://razcardblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/pack-of-day-91-2014-topps-heritage-high.html

      http://razcardblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/seeking-redemption-11-jose-abreu-2014.html

      I'm not a huge fan of the box set format, but the prices on this one have come down far enough that it's an okay value even if you don't hit the big autograph. At full original retail price it was a bit rich for my blood.

      Delete
  2. One of the best pulls I've made in the last couple of years was from a box of 2013 high number. It was the Gerrit Cole red auto that happened to be a redemption too. Thankfully it didn't take all that long.

    ReplyDelete