Thursday 10 January 2019

Too Many Bills

I guess it is finally time to start working my way through an envelope from Dennis @ Too Many Manninghams/Verlanders that showed up just before the calendar turned over to 2019. As usual, it was pretty hefty, so I'm breaking it up into several posts. To start off, here's the Buffalo Bills portion of the envelope.
Usually I'll end the post with a 1/1, but this time I'll start with one of them. JP Losman was one of many reminders that it is unwise to get to excited about any Bills QB coming out of the draft.
A common theme with recent Bills draft picks is that many of them have already moved on from the Bills. Sammy Watkins is now in Kansas City.
Here's a scanner bed worth of base cards. That Lee Evans out of Platinum sure sticks out, but it fit best in this group.
8 swatches here, featuring jerseys that were at once point worn by members of the B uffalo Bills. Zay Jones is the only one still with the Bills. But at least Robert Woods has developed into a great receiver for the Rams.
I guess I could have held out until I start getting into the 2/14 portion of the envelope, but there was a lot of 2/14 football content contained within.

And that's it for this portion of it. I've got at least 3 more posts to come from this envelope. But there you have it!

1 comment:

  1. The Flutie relic is very cool, and what is that Jim Kelly motion vision thing that didn't scan well? I think I have a Nomar Garciaparra from a similar set.

    ReplyDelete