Saturday 19 January 2013

Zellers is closing, so I'll Bust Blasters - Part 6

Let's open, and welcome hockey back with a brief musical interlude.
Who needs Stompin' Tom when you have Moe Berg?
I'm not going to get too excited about the Gretzky card - it is just the front side of a checklist. The borders are a little too busy for my tastes. The real highlight in this pack was the back of the Tocchet card.

There's a stare right out of your favourite nightmare.
Stickers! Stickers are still fun to pull out of the packs. A pretty bland parallel card isn't going to win me over, but at least I can pull the Morrison card and put in a pile that will be on its way to a certain Wolverines collector.
It's always nice to add a Sens mask into the mask minder, even if it isn't the best photograph. It is still a nice way to work the Senators logo into the design of the mask. I love designs that work the with the face portion into the design, and Auld's does that nicely. Here are some better views of the full design. Other than that, not much here. I guess Drury would be the best player of the bunch.
The nice shiny Hemsky card is easily the highlight in this pack. A shame the retro  parallel in this one is of a player who was out of the league by the time this set was released. You can't win 'em all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you managed to pull at least one Wolverine hockey card in every single one of those posts!

    ReplyDelete