Monday 21 January 2013

Masked Mondays - Week 2

Another week of the mask binder.

Sure, the whale on the mask looks more sleepy than threatening. But, I love how the body of the whale curves around the side of the mask to work with the face of it. The puck in its mouth is a bonus. There are several of these type of base cards in this base set.
The ice brick wall is a perfect motif for a goaltender. It's a shame he never made a stop in Pittsburgh. An igloo theme would have worked even better then.

And since I've had a two defunct teams with the first two, I'll wrap it up with a third.

I have no idea why a player in Greenville, SC has cacti on his mask. I just wanted post a card for the Greenville Grrrowl.

2 comments:

  1. That Jason Muzzatti is one of my favorite Whalers goalie cards simply because of that mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jason Muzzatti card looks sick; first time I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete