Thursday 28 February 2019

A 2/14 White Whale!

I'd hinted at this about a month back when Shane @ Shoebox Legends posted an autograph of Gump Worsley. But, I have finally added to my 2/14 collection a certified autograph that I didn't think would be possible at an inexpensive price.

However, thanks to a slightly soft corner, I was able to throw this into my COMC inventory for about half the usual cost of one of his autographs.
BAM!

Geoffrion is easily the best hockey player among 2/14 birthdays, with all respect to the Hejduks and Gaboriks of the collection. This autograph comes from the same 01-02 Parkhurst set that Shane's auto came from. Like that one, it isn't numbered on cards, but it seems to be limited to 60 copies.

This joins a relic as my second hit of Geoffrion in the collection, and my 10th card overall. He's shown up in recent Leaf releases, but it appears to have been 10 years since he's made an appearance in a licensed product.

There you have it!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! My father in law met Boom Boom and got his autograph on a picture or a puck.. I've actually never seen it, but he told me the story at least twice. Congrats on adding this to your 2/14 collection.


    COMC is great for picking up slightly damaged cards at a significantly reduced price. I've done that at least a dozen times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking signature! Love how he added his nickname to it. Congratulations on adding this card to your collection.

    ReplyDelete