Tuesday 20 July 2021

Recapping Raptors

 

While I planned to recap the Raptors portion of some recent group breaks, I opted to also throw in this card into this recap out of my most recent COMC arrivals. For the simple reason that all the other Raptors content in the shipment were Kyle Lowry cards, and I really didn't want to shoehorn this into a post that was entirely one guy. 

A pretty nice design for a card out of a set named Mosaic, and the montage doesn't re-use the same photos on the front. Even better - 3 different unis as well!

A break of Contenders didn't work out so well. But at least here's a base set of the three players you expect to find when a base set is limited to 3-4 cards per team.
But at least I got one numbered parallel from the mix. 
Unlike contenders, I did not land a complete base set of Raptors from Crown Royale. 


But the missing player did show up in a beautifully gaudy Crystal Blue parallel. 
And I landed a hit this time around, with my first Malachi Flynn relic. It joins an auto of his I got earlier this season. A nice way to mix things up in the binder. 

Nothing super rare from the breaks, but the Raptors aren't that expensive this season in breaks. Unlike next year, where it will balance out with them having the #4 pick in the draft, and will be priced accordingly. 

There you have it!

3 comments:

  1. The last two are a lot more interesting than the other ones.

    Didn't Toronto win it all recently? I know they lost Kawhi, but picking fourth seems like quite the fall from grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been too interested in opening new basketball... and couldn't afford it if I was... but if I was interested, I'd be all over Crown Royale. Those are some nice looking cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Contenders but those breaks are always tough because the set is so small like you said. Good cards and post.

    ReplyDelete