Tuesday 6 July 2021

A Pair of Bills

Only 2 cards today, but their arrival means that a COMC order, that was supposed to arrive May 5th, has finally shown up, and a mere two months after expected. 

There was no Donruss baseball (edit: football) in 1990, so if they wanted to do a 30 year throwback, they'd have to use baseball. And aside from the foil on the name, the fronts do give a pretty decent salute to that design. 

As for the backs of the cards, at least the fronts looked good.
Given his performance with the team this past year, I just had to add a Stefon Diggs auto to my collection. I don't think he has any autos so far on the Bills. I didn't want a Vikings one, but since I considered NCAA autographs totally appropriate for my Raptors collection (which will be shown off next post), so this Terrapins autograph is totally appropriate for that collection. I got this just before the playoffs started, and it was good timing on my part, as to get this card would now cost 3 times what I paid for it. So, yay! 

There you have it!


4 comments:

  1. They put out a 716-card baseball card set in 1990. Unless there's a joke that went over my head. (shrug)

    Good job with the Diggs auto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice throwback, I havent seen those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of the '90 Donruss retro inserts. I liked the set back in the day and still do. Great Diggs auto. Good post.

    ReplyDelete