Thursday 22 July 2021

2021 Adventures in Repacks Part 29 - A Baseball Surprise

 

Let's do another one of these!

Here's the contents.  

I am not going to highlight the entire pack, but I'll show off my personal highlights. I like the casualness of the Jose Lind card. Whatever defensive play he made looks totally routine. The Saberhagen was the only Mets content in the whole repack, and the Kruk is so close to moment-of-impact greatness. I had absolutely no memories of either Figueroa or Levis.

As always, 70s/80s was all 80s, but that glossy McCovey makes up for it. 
Last time, a 90s repack got me a CC Sabathia rookie card from 1999 Update. Here, there was nothing close to that level of awesomeness. I guess I'll highlight a Jays alum, a minor league card, and some Stadium Club.
The Pitchers Pack was probably the most interesting to me. Pitcher at the plate (even if it was hidden on the back of the card, a couple Blue Jays (Perdomo wouldn't see the bigs until 2020 with the Brewers), and one of the finest players ever to be born in Saudi Arabia.
But the 2000s pack was pretty solid as well. Surprisingly, only one flagship set card appeared here. The Padres appearances is pretty nice, with the ticket motif and some camo options. The Eric Young looks fairly normal based on the photo on the front.
But on the back, he looks to be the only person who looks terrified to be heading into the batting cage.

There you have it!


1 comment: