Tuesday 27 October 2015

2 new 2/14 faces

I really don't have that many qualifications for the 2/14 collection.

A) Did you come into this world on 2/14?
B) Do you appear on a card?

That's it. If both of those questions get a 'Yes', then I'll add cards to my collection. The only exception to this is cards of Michael Jordan wearing #12, since that is for a photo that was snapped on 2/14/90.

This does allow for strangeness though.
While doing the COMC challenges, I came across some cards for cheerleaders. That would definitely qualify for a 'Yes' to part B of the above questions. While not all included birthdates, some did. That sent me going through images on COMC, flipping to the back of the card on each to see if I came across any 2/14 babies.
And after all those, I finally found one!

So, to Amanda, alum of the University of North Florida and the Veteran of the Year on the ROAR for the 2008-2009 season: Welcome to the 2/14 collection!
And since there were chrome versions as well, I'll add one of those as well. There are numbered refractor parallels also, but I couldn't find any of those at COMC or sportlots. Still, I figure these two are obsessive enough. Chasing down more might put me in the "I'll kidnap your cat and return it if you'll pose for a picture" territiory.

And yes, since this was part of a football set, it does count towards the football portion of the binder. On the whole, football leads in terms of overall subjects in the collection, with 49 different people.
And now, to remove the creep factor, let's wrap this up with a normal card of a soccer player that is also making his debut in the collection.

And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment