Friday 2 August 2013

Friday morning Fairfield

Just because.

I'll finally dig into the jumbo box of Score tonight, so that should make for a week of hockey posts. I've been sitting on this one for a couple weeks, so I guess now is as good a time as any to post it.

Since there really aren't mega hits in these, why not open with my favourite photo in the package? How can someone hate coming across a 1995 card of Darren Oliver where he's blowing a bubble? Especially when he's still an active player in 2013.
It was one of those "contains 3 vintage cards" re-packs. So here's the vintage! There's a pair of really great names, if not players there. I especially like the Zdeb, with the bonus being that it also contains a really sleazy looking moustache.
Mets? Pulled 3 of those!
Blue Jays? 3 of those as well! Normally, I'd give the nod to the Mets on the basis of the Ordonez minor league card, but unfortunately I already had it. So, the Dominican Dynamite card which I didn't have gives this 3 card battle to the Jays. There was one more Jay, but it groups better elsewhere.
What else? Howzabout a Team USA card? That's the closest he'd ever get to a big league card.
This card is even brighter outside of the scan. Still, it's nice to add a new card of a great like Rivera, even if he's a Yankee.
Diamond Kings are always welcome.
1987 O-Pee-Chee? Sounds like a great addition to me. Thin stock, but more legible backs. Decisions, decisions.
Let's wrap things up with a slight oddball. I always love coming across strangeness like this in my repacks.

2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet Petrocelli. Love the '77s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a better vintage selection than I've seen in 99 percent of other repacks. That's Petrocelli's last card.

    ReplyDelete