Saturday 18 November 2023

Hockey Miscellany

Excepting the 2/14 content, which I have yet to show off, and what you've already seen, here's the rest of the hockey content I grabbed for myself from the Expo.

It may have taken almost two years, but here's the grand finale for the 21-22 O-Pee-Chee set. There's no better feeling for a a set builder to add the final card into a set. This was also the only card in this post that didn't come from a 25 cent (or less) box.
You know you're getting old when you see a card with that name on it, and you immediately start wondering if it is Jarome's kid. And yes, he is.
Just an insert of one of the, if not the, greatest women's hockey players ever. And that's now Dr. Wickenheiser to mere mortals such as myself.
Even if this doesn't feature the classic blue jerseys, at least there's a fleur-de-lis.
Awesome photo alert!
I'm not a Simon Gagne collector at all, but for 25 cents, how could I pass on a card of his numbered to 200 copies? I don't know if Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond is the longest name that's ever appeared on a hockey card, but it certainly has to be contending.
A bunch of 25 cent mask binder additions. Those two die-cuts in the middle are both blue parallels /850. The Pavelec is a sticker insert. My fave mask in the bunch is Antero's - a sharky update to the gangster themed mask that he started while he was in Philly.
And there were a lot of alternate/retro throwback photos in Series 1. So I wanted to get at least one card for each team. Combining it with the ones I found in the packs I've busted, it looks like I've got at least one of each. If I missed one, there's always e-packs!

There you have it! 



1 comment:

  1. A PL3 sighting? Iginla's kid? Wow.

    Looks like I've got to track down some more "Whalers" Upper Deck cards.

    Congrats on finishing the OPC set!

    ReplyDelete