Wednesday 22 November 2023

Everything Else

 And now, every other single I grabbed at the show. Or at least the ones left after I packaged some up to get sent out to my usual partners.

This was all that's left in terms of hockey content. I just love this photo because John Lilley looks fucked up out of his gourd on...something. This is definitely a case of "I'm so glad this guy got other cards over his career". 
Quarter box Johnny Bench? Fine by me!
Quarter box random traded cards? Again, fine by me!
Archives was fresh on the shelves a couple weeks back, so let's add some sweet legends content to the ol' binders. That's an impressive sideburns battle between Gibson and Brock. 
Vladdy! He looks like he's going to unload a throw against some poor unfortunate runner that thinks they're going to advance a base on a mere fly to the outfield.
Numbered Willies! It is really hard to tell since the foil scans horribly, but that McCovey is /99.
Finally, a pair of relics to wrap things up. Sure, this is a Brock Osweiler patch, but it is a really nice Brock Osweiler patch.
The grand finale for singles is a card that hits a sweet spot. An oddball item. That's not a jersey swatch from the draft, but the hat he's wearing. Oddities like that can be the best thing about relics, especially when they're not game used.

And that's about it. Except I do have a box of 2023 Chronicles to show off, but I am going to wait a few days to show off that content. Because after 8 straight posts, I think I need a break from that. 

There you have it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this year's Archives set - especially the '56 portion.

    Any Ultimate base card for a quarter is a good deal, especially a HOFer like Stargell. And a low numbered McCovey for a quarter, too? That Osweiler patch wasn't in the quarter box too - was it?

    Lilley's card reminds me of the drunk guy in Slap Shot -- "If somebody checks me into the boards I'm gonna piss all over myself." xD

    ReplyDelete