Tuesday 7 November 2023

Mets via Michigan

 

The most recent giant mailer from Dennis @ Too Many Verlanders is going to draw to a close, but I still have a whole bunch of Mets to get to.

There's a Super start to this post - a pair of cards out of 1980 Topps Super. Fortunately, their facsimile signatures are super-legible, so I don't need to turn them over to know these are Craig Swan and Lee Mazzilli cards.
Here's some more items beyond the standard 2*3. 
Time for the more normal-sized cards, of which there were plenty, and lots of variety. I've broken very little Big League, so as far as I knew that Nimmo was a regular base card and not the blue parallel it was. 
They might not be their vintage cards, but it is still nice for guys like Snider and Agee to make appearances in this mailer. 
More oddballs. With how star-loaded that team was in 1986, it is easy to forget that Ray Knight was the MVP that year for the World Series.
A few parallels as the vertical portion of the non-hits draws to a close. 
But here's a handful of horizontal cards, and now I've got a complete Collector's Choice Generation X rookie set.
Numbered cards.
Relic #1. For those that balk at one-colour relics, try a bat one! 
And here's number 2! Since this has the authentication sticker on it, I can check out which game it came from.
And he never played in that game.

But 2/14 baby Tyler Clippard did!

All that is left is the miscellaneous stuff that really didn't fit into the previous categories. And a PWE that arrived yesterday! 


1 comment:

  1. Great! I'm glad the PWE made it since I didn't want to wait for you to have that card. And I'm interested to see your reaction (and others') to something in the misc. post.

    ReplyDelete