Friday 21 February 2020

Late to the Series 1 Party

But at least I got this posted before Heritage dropped.
Michael Brosseau - My first card of this baseball year!
Tyler White
Dustin May - Will probably be the best hair of any card this year.
Randy Arozarena
Erick Fedde
Tyler O'Neill
Trent Thornton - My first 2020 Jays card. There were no Mets cards in the pack.
Dodgers team
Christian Yelich
Travis Demeritte - Throwback uni! Beautiful photo! My favourite card of the year (so far!)
Johnny Cueto
Cleveland Team
1985 Relic - Rafael Devers - I guess the pack searchers missed this one. These are 1:87 in retail hangers.
Rhys Hoskins insert
Decades - Andre Dawson - No Mets cards, but I'll take an Expos card as a consolation prize, especially with Dawson wearing the classic blues.
Turkey Red - Vladimir Guerrero Jr - WOO-HOO! Two Canadian team insert cards in the same pack! 
Turkey Red - Jesus Lazardo - The RC logo just seems strange with the classic design.
Cody Bellinger
Ryan Braun - This looks like the type of photo that would appear on the card of a retiring player for his final Topps card.
Hanser Alberto
Matt Thaiss
Hyun-Jin Ryu
Mike Clevinger
Billy Hamilton
Jorge Soler - I don't think I could have told you at gunpoint that Soler was the AL Home Run leader.
Anthony Rendon
Stephen Strasburg
Roberto Osuna
Josh Rojas
Tommy LaStella - I just like how Freddy Galvis' arm works with the border design on this. 
Sean Murphy - And that's the end of my first pack.

A retail hit. Inserts for my team collections. A couple great photographs. While I'll still probably wait for Stadium Club to build a set this year, I've got no complaints about my foray into flagship.

Up next, some repacks, then the mailbag.

6 comments:

  1. Demeritte is a beauty! May does have some wild hair! Both are great cards. Nice Devers' pull too. I've resisted the urge on Topps but Heritage? Those black borders will suck me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are truly a lot of great photos in this years set. That Devers relic is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Devers! I think (hope) he's gonna be a real stud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone in being late to the Series 1 party. I also posted my Series 1 break today.

    https://stadiumfantasium.com/pleasure-and-pain-a-review-of-2020-topps-series-1/

    Your Devers relic is better than the one I pulled but I did manage to pull a very cool Arenado auto patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Dawson in the Expos uniform is a great card. I tried to go back to my Target yesterday to get more Series 1, but they were cleaned out. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. May's hair will star in shampoo commercials one day. That's my first MLB prediction of 2020.

    ReplyDelete