Sunday 16 September 2012

Almost perfection

There are so many reasons for me to like this card. A great picture of a great mask. A guy who is currently with the Senators and a flashback to one of the earliest hockey card sets I ever made an effort to collect in full.

So, why would I hate this card?


Just pick up any card from this parallel set. They feel thin and very fragile. I spent much of the day looking through early 90s baseball cards, and they felt more solid than this card. It feels more like a dollar store playing card than a collectible hockey card.

And that's disappointing. I wouldn't mind this if this was a card produced as some sort of promotional 'stay in school'-ish set by the Denver Police. But I really expect more when I see the name 'Upper Deck' on a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment