Monday 2 January 2017

2013-14 Rookie Anthology Case Break - Eighth Box

New year. Same case.
Leading off, my second of 4 /100 gold parallels.
And the Score Update inserts. A pretty good average here, as Nieto, Connauton, Dumba, Merrill and Lecavalier help me work my way to the complete set. After finally collating the rest of them in still to be posted boxes, the only base card I need from that is posted in my Top 10.
Your Prizms.
Your Selects. The shiny Ribiero is a dupe, but the Alex Grant is kinda interesting. Despite the picture, it is an Ottawa Senators card. He has the 'Traded to Senators' note at the side of the card, and their logo is on the back. Panini couldn't use a Senators photo, since he never played a game for them in the NHL. Only at the AHL affiliate in Binghamton. So, this is one of those 'zero-year' (tm. Nick @ Dime Boxes) cards.

And of course, this counts as a Senators card. Why wouldn't it?
To start off the hits, here's an appearance of local boy Tanner Pearson on the Rookie Selection subset. This joins a Luxury Suite auto/relic as my second hit of his. Technically,  I could call this a Kitchener Rangers alumni card, as he was once the team's stick boy.
The Select gives me my second auto-relic of Gustafsson, who managed to earn some cards out of solely being a backup in the NHL.
A Leafs auto.
The autographs come to an end with this Reto Berra RPA from Dominion. I would have liked more than one colour, but it still feels more like a patch than the regular jersey piece. And this wasn't even my favourite Reto Berra card in the case.
I think I prefer stick relics to bat relics just because there is so much more opportunity for there to be some colour on the piece. This was easily my favourite card in this box.

And there you have it. 2/3 of the way home!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on stick cards, that is one nice Luongo!

    ReplyDelete