Thursday 19 January 2017

2011 Topps Football Jumbo Box Break - Pack 1

When I bought my case of Rookie Anthology, I still had a little bit left over. I wasn't too sure what to get, so took a look for things I could get close to a complete set from the box. I settled on a Jumbo box of 2011 Topps Football. 440 card set, and about that many base cards per box.

How did I do with this? Over the next few weeks, I'll go through this one pack at a time and find out. I put these to the side after busting them, along with the wrappers, without bothering to collate them. And then I forgot about them. Oops.

Much like with Jumbo baseball, these are 50 card packs. 44 of them are base cards, with the other 6 being inserts. The relic packs contain fewer base cards. With perfect collation, I should get close to the set, accounting for fewer base cards to go alongside hits.

And we are off!

Pack #1:
Fred Jackson - A great way to start busting. A Bills card!
Brandon Jackson
Pierre Garcon - And the first card I'm highlighting solely for photographic reasons, as Garcon hauls in a TD under pressure.
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Chris Ivory
DeAngelo Hall
Aaron Rodgers
DeMaryius Thomas
LeGarrette Blount
Greg Olsen
Osi Umenyiora
Josh Freeman - I like the odd passing motion in this card, or at least it appears off with how the ball is coming directly at the camera.
Louis Murphy
Buffalo Bills - Team Card
Brandon Tate
Steve Smith
Jason Campbell - Another different photo choice for a QB photo, as he shouts at the line of scrimmage.
Stephen Paea - And that might be the goofiest looking photo ever for a rookie card. This image would also show up on his Score rookie card. Thankfully, some better options would become available as the season went on.
Ricky Stanzi
Alex Green
Jabaal Sheard
Johnny White
Patrick Peterson
Tramon Williams - Gold 1862/2011 - And here start the insert/parallels. And PACKERS! WOO!
Jason Witten - Topps Town - Yes, Topps Town plagued football as well.
Len Dawson - Super Bowl Legends - A nice historical insert.
DeSean Jackson/Lesean McCoy - Faces of the Franchise - I wondering how many of these I'll pull that feature guys who weren't FOTF for very long.
Drew Brees - Gameday - These highlight specific games for the player. In Drew's case - 2/7/10 - Super Bowl XLIV.
Rolando McClain - 1950 Bowman - These minis are one per pack. Something different.
Marshawn Lynch - And the second batch of base cards start with a former Bill.
Nick Mangold - I always enjoy OL cards, since they're so such a rare part of any base set.
Philadelphia Eagles
Miles Austin
Davone Bess
CJ Spiller - Another Bills card.
Kenny Britt
James Starks - Throwback!
Danny Woodhead - Another one!
Mike Williams
Jacoby Jones
Richard Seymour
James Laurinitis
Philip Rivers
Lawrence Timmons - And here's yet another old school look.
Torrey Smith
Julio Jones
Nate Solder
Da'Rel Scott
Casey Matthews

And there's the first pack. The good thing about remembering I had these is that I'll be able to carve 9 more posts out of this box.

3 comments:

  1. That Paea card always cracks me up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if the email on your blog is still your current one. I sent an email awhile back and never heard back from you.

    -kin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topps made some nice looking FB cards.

    ReplyDelete