Sunday 25 June 2023

Every Dawg Has Its Mailer

 

A mailer showed up recently from Angus @ Dawg Day Cards. It was significant enough to make it worth splitting into two posts - one for the football for this one and all the rest in another. 

If not for the 2/14 content in the mailer, the football content would have been entirely of the Buffalo Bills variety. Of course stickers count towards that collection, and holograms count as well. That Pinnacle of Bledsoe provides one of the more unique photos in the football portion of the collection.

There were a pile of these sample sheets in there. These count as well towards the 2/14 collection, even if only Jim Kelly is the only one there. But that's an extremely solid bunch of players - only Anderson isn't a HOFer. 
Bills! Bills! Bills! I was surprised I didn't have that Chronicles card of Josh Allen already.
I was also surprised that all these Ultra cards were new to my binders as well, but maybe they were already lurking around in an old box somewhere. Mark Kelso hits that sweet spot in terms of being a photo of a defensive player with the ball.  That Flutie in the top corner is an insert /3000.
Parallels! While I've landed several parallels so far of Khalil Shakir, that's my loudest one. Those Josh Allen parallels are a surprise - his cards still get the slight hometown team premium locally. Sills is the second numbered card here. And I will continue to express my appreciation for having the nickname 'Boogie' included on his cards.
The Bills portion of the mailer ends with an auto. Williams may have preferred recreational substances to football, but a team auto is still a team auto.

And now, I have to throw some Browns content into my next COMC mailer so I can hit back. Which will probably be in August, depending on my desire to hit 'Ship'.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards, and am really happy you needed those Ultra cards.

    I enjoyed some of the Bills cards that I sent you but they are better in your collection than mine.

    Josh Allen cards have a bit of a premium here too but I pulled one of the parallels and found the other for a good price.

    ReplyDelete