Monday 15 May 2023

More Forgotten Packs

 

There wasn't just football cards in that tin! There were a few other packs as well! Today, a 2-sport combo post.
I guess you could still have players without NHL experience in those sets back in 1999-2000. But both Sivek and the other player featured in this post did reach the NHL. While the photo looks pretty basic at first, there's a couple nice things there. Sivak is posing with a World Juniors gold medal, but I'm not sure if it is his, or Milan Kraft's, since he was the player cropped out of the photo, only for Sivak to be cropped on Kraft's card.
It is a good pack for guys having their trades to Buffalo acknowledged (Gilmour and Gratton), and for guys who played for Los Angeles that I have absolutely no memory of at all until I pulled their cards. I'm not sure what to make of that type of consistency. The castle wall design for the lower stripe on the Quebec Remparts jersey might be the best way that has ever been done on a hockey sweater.

Not a prospect to be found among the cards in the Hot Prospects pack. But any pack that provides me with a new Daniel Alfredsson card can't be all that bad! Good star power on the whole as well, but than can be expected when the unnumbered base set is 100 cards. 

Since I really don't want to break it down and do only one post for a single hobby pack, I'm doing it here. Blue Jays content and a couple nice horizontal photos in the first part...

Along with a Mets card, and insert and a sneaky parallel in the second half. How sneaky? 
You have to turn it over to see it. I can say with almost certainty that I didn't notice it the first time through, only to discover that I had this parallel when I rediscovered these packs. They were 1:65 at the time, so not too bad odds for only one pack purchased!

There you have it! I'll try to show off a pack or two I originally opened this calendar year next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment