Wednesday 24 May 2023

E-Packing

 More COMC to-be-posted content. While I do have a bunch of Kitchener Rangers alum stuff to post, I've also got some stuff that just falls into the 'interesting (to me) card' category. And here's some of that. Most of this was of the 'cheap because of e-packs' stuff, but there are a couple in here that I either pulled or traded for. 

Such as this, which I added after coming to the unfortunate revelation that I didn't have cards of anybody named Loov in my binders. 

"BRING ME THE SAMPO!". This is another one of those cards I bought only because it reminded me of a MST3K Episode - in this case The Day the Earth Froze.
Sampo was also available in this release, but if I', going to get a random minor league hockey card, I'm getting one with a better view of the jersey.
In 20-21, the MVP e-packs included Predictor cards, that would turn into actual cards should the featured player win one of the year-end awards. I guess at some point I pulled a predictor of Marc-Andre Fleury, since I was eventually able to turn that into this actual card. 
No better place to put a depressing card than in the middle.
Jeff Glass was drafted by the Senators in 2004. He would spend the next 13 seasons either in the minors, or overseas. He'd finally appear in the NHL in 2017, and would get a couple cards out of that. This was far cheaper than getting his SPA Young Guns insert as a cardboard commemoration of the event.

Even some of the SPd Canvas legends cards can be found for a nice price at COMC thanks to impact. This one really gives the vibes of being not just a locker room photo but one that was snapped during a Stanley Cup celebration. 
More canvas.
One wouldn't think there would be a lot of interesting photos in Compendium, but these entrance photos are an exception. 
And some throwback, or sorta throwback uniforms for the finale.

There you have it!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing that Whalers uniform, even on a Carolina card. And I've never seen those futuristic 'Tiburones' jerseys before. Guess I missed the Sharks' "retro" night-or whatever that promotion was.

    ReplyDelete