Wednesday 5 August 2020

Four if by Sportlots

A PWE Mailbag today, and a quartet of new football cards for the 2/14 PC. USA shipping to Canada goes from reasonable to nuts at the 4 vs. 5 card label, and when I didn't want to use the mailbox feature, there you go!
When in doubt, start with the most immature name in the collection. Because I'm eternally 12 years old. I know, I know, his last name very likely isn't pronounced that way. I don't care. Harry Colon.  Hee-hee!
 You are almost in the mood for the shiny foilness of a Drew Bledsoe after all that. I'm not yet. Harry Colon! Harry Colon! 
Today, I learned that Novato is Spanish for Rookie. And that Acereros is Spanish for Steelers. And that there is a minor league baseball team in Mexico called the Acereros. This is almost a cross-state pair of cards, until you notice the tiny 'Chargers' on the Eagles card. The Acereros thing more than makes up for that. And it got me off my Harry Colon kick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment