Sunday 22 September 2019

Mailbag!

Bo, from Baseball Cards Come to Life, recently came into possession of a bunch of hockey cards. I took advantage of it to send a few Yankees cards and set completers stateside, and in turn I added to my 2/14 collection.
I'll do this in order of # of cards added to the binder. In the 2005-06 season, there are more desired rookie cards than that of Eric Nystrom. Except by me.
I always love coming across cards that I probably should have already had in the collection.
This Pro Set of Calle Johansson falls into the same category.
No new Senators content for Sean Hill, but here's three more of his cards for the binder. There's the first parallel of the envelopes, with a Gold Rush accompanying a great look at the original Anaheim uniforms.
These 9 Milan Hejduk cards allow him to expand his lead in the collection, with 214 total appearances.
But he wasn't the big winner in the mailer. Perfect match Viktor Kozlov wins this war, as he vaults into 3rd place in hockey with 82 total cards, thanks to the 21 new cards of his sent my way.
These put the total at 20.
And this put the total at 21. It is the big card of the mailer, being a sapphire parallel to /100, and at the time, those were not easy pulls.

There you have it! When time the Expo comes around, I'll be sure to look for some vintage O-Pee-Chee at the show.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like them! Did the fourth envelope ever arrive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All 4 arrived, with the last showing up 2 days after its partners.

      Delete