Tuesday 3 November 2015

Finally! An Update Pack!

Finally, I find the time show off my one jumbo pack of 2015 Update that I picked up.
Josh Donaldson - A great start with some Blue Jays content. It is also nice to get a photo from the basepaths as opposed to a slugging photo from the plate.
Asher Wojciechoswki
Danny Muno - And some Mets content as well!
Rick Porcello
Juse Urena
Carlos Peguero - And the first really memorable photo of the pack.
Delino DeShields Jr
Zach Duke
Sean Gilmartin - And a second Mets card in the pack! Great start!
Justin Upton
Yunel Escobar
Josh Rutledge
Zack Greinke - I'll second/third/whatever all those that are saying those caps look ridiculous.
Pedro Ciriaco
Ryan Tepera - And some Blue Jays content.
Kelly Johnson - The Mets love continues.
Justin Upton - A Justin Upton hot pack!
Jason Frasor
Ben Revere - More Jays!
Giovanny Urshela
Mike Moustakas
Juan Uribe - And the opening base portion of the pack wraps up with my 4th Mets card! Best pack ever!

Inserts:
Highlights - Fernando Valenzuela's 1990 no-hitter
Zach McAllister - Gold - And a bonus throwback jersey with the Cleveland Buckeyes!
Rookie Sensations - Bryce Harper - Probably the least interesting on the inserts to me. It just seems like this is this set's excuse to have more cards of certain players.
Scott Oberg/Deolis Guerra - Black Parallel /64 - I guess this is the pack hit. The back contrasts the time these two players took to reach the big leagues. Guerra is also a former Mets minor leaguer.
Rarities - Anibal Sanchez
Whatever Works - Wade Boggs - I just hope there isn't a Moises Alou insert in this set.
Buyback - Dick Billings - He just looks like a 70's baseball player.

Back to the base cards

Jonathan Herrera
Danny Dorn/Danny Ceciliani - And another half a Mets card.
Miguel Cabrera
Amazing Astros
Kris Bryant - You knew he'd be all over this base set.
Carlos Correa
Trevor Rosenthal
Rookies Rising - More Bryant...
Anthony Ranaudo
Tommy Hunter
Young & Relentless - The Mets appear on 18 base cards in this set. I got 6 of them. WOO-HOO!
Todd Cunningham
Josh Fields
Jose Iglesias
Billy Burns
Kevin Siegrist
Alcides Escobar
Yasmani Grandal
Todd Frazier - Probably the best photo out of the vertical portion of the second half of the pack.
Michael McKenry
Francisco Lindor
Eddie Butler

And there you have it. While I didn't hit any of the big Mets rookies, I still got 1/3 of the set. The low numbered parallel did not hit my PC, but the subjects were interesting. I guess the big card for me was the appearance of the Buckeyes uniform. That is enough to make the pack worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. I pulled 3 Mets base cards and the Syndergaard gold card from my Update packs. Would love to trade for the Todd Cunningham if it's available. Drop me a line if interested. bwvjones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete