Wednesday 11 November 2015

2015 Fall Expo Goodies Part 7: Everything but Hockey

The Expo is a hockey event mostly, although looking carefully can result in other sports making an appearance. Most of my non-hockey stuff was of a set building variety. I won't bore you with those, but I knocked 3 of my sets down to 16 cards total to finish them. Hoops and Topps Football can be seen on my set building wantlist, the 16th is on my top 10 list.

But I won't bore you with posting a bunch of those cards. Instead, it is time to show off everything but the set building cards, except for the hockey stuff. I've still got 3 more days of posts dedicated to the those.
Only one vintage baseball card added to my collection at the show, so I better make it a good one. I think I did, with this Hoyt Wilhelm from 1964. This was one of several vintage cards I pulled from a 3 for $5 bin that saw some really nice vintage cards enter my collection, along with some on their way into envelopes for other bloggers.
And you can't say I didn't pick myself up an autograph of Connor. At least I can say with certainty that this guy's penmanship is better than McDavid's.
Another penmanship card I picked up. After getting these two, maybe my thoughts on the penmanship of the 2014 rookie class was premature. Neither one is a Quincy Enunwa, but I've got no complaints about either of these.
Dezmin Lewis, OTOH, gets into my Bills binder despite the bare bones of the signature. At least he dotted the line on a rough estimate of where the I's were.
There are a lot of Dee Brown autographs out there, so having him appear in a subset called Elusive Ink seems like a stretch. Still, this is a nice addition to my Celtics collection, and the design of the card makes it really hard to notice that it is a sticker-graph.

And there's all I need to post to set up 3 straight days of hockey posts.

3 comments:

  1. HOYT! His '64 was one of the first vintage cards I ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, or is that Dezmin Lewis autograph look like a D with a drawing of a person wearing eye black. The two dot eyes, the nose in the middle and the lines of eye black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my Dezmin Lewis impression D______ L________

    ReplyDelete