Monday 9 November 2015

2015 Fall Expo Goodies Part 4: Impromptu Masked Mondays

Today, some of the cards on their way to the masks binder.
Only one card will be going into the pre-2005 binder. That will be this one. I had no idea that there were Action Packed-type hockey cards in the 90s, although I probably should not be surprised in retrospect. I am surprised the subset would be given such a cheesy name as "Goal Patrol".
Sure, you can't really see the mask that well, but how could I pass on a chance to pick up a parallel rookie card of Sergei Bobrovsky for a mere quarter?
These were also from the same quarter bin. You have another one of my favourites from the past 10 years with J-S Giguere's double-duck mask. Kari's Kill Bill mask makes yet another appearance in my collection. While I do have several of Jason LaBarbera's wrestling masks in my collection, this is my first one of his Hulk Hogan lid.
It has been a pretty Flyers intensive post, so let's wrap it up with one on its way to the hits binder. There might have been issues with the pen at the start, but things corrected itself, and for a few bucks I landed an on-card autograph, numbered to 99 copies, of probably my favourite lunatic in hockey history. He was always someone I wanted an auto from, but hadn't pulled the trigger on it yet, hoping for a cheap one to cross my path. I couldn't wait any longer.

I'm amazed this isn't signed in blood.
And there's another Expo post in the books.

3 comments:

  1. That Hextall auto is a beauty, I love that Panini Prime set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hextall was an excellent puck handler, even snuck a couple of empty-netters across the the goal line in his day, if memory serves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hextall was an excellent puck handler, even snuck a couple of empty-netters across the the goal line in his day, if memory serves.

    ReplyDelete