Tuesday 17 November 2015

Basketball Randomness

Time once again to clean out the basketball cards left in my "To Be Posted" box. These are all COMC cards from one shipment or another.
First up, a card for the penmanship collection. Luke might be a bench warmer when he's not a healthy scratch, but he makes usage of the space for the signature nicely, and it is an on-card as well. The photo might show more action than most of Luke's career.
Quincy Lewis is another one I picked up for the penmanship factor. Plus, the design allows for a large signature and a beautiful looping signature. I'm not going to complain that he went outside the lines that Upper Deck helpfully provided.
Time to shift into the Raptors portion of the post. Baby steps on the move though, with a rookie card of the then Grizzly Kyle Lowry.
Panini Threads was a Target only release this past season. I liked the design, and wanted to grab one base card for the Raptors binder. I really liked the close, cramped nature of this photo with DeRozan sandwiched tightly between the opposition and the courtside seats.
Alternate uniform! Happy St. Patty's day! At least I hope that's why they wore green.
And finally an appearance of my beloved Court Kings. It might not be a painted card, but the background is hideous enough for the Kings name, and as a bonus the background for this portion of this portion of the set go with Raptors colours.

And there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Babbitt card is hilarious. And a nice signature.

    ReplyDelete