Saturday 21 October 2023

The McNairs out There


 The 2/14 king of recent incoming mailers was Steve McNair. Actually, that was not true until my sportlots order arrived. I may have gone a little bit overboard, as I bumped my collection of his cards to 223. Jim Kelly remains in the lead with 260.

This was the only COMC McNair card in the mailers. Human Highlight Film? Don't tell Dominique! 

There were a couple more in the TMV mailer - this pair of cards that go back to the Oilers days. 
And the only hit you'll see in this post. That is a rather odd shape for a swatch window. 

It was the sportlots portion that I went a little bit crazy with. I may have cleared out this seller's entire collection of McNairs. They really did him dirty with that photo on the Pinnacle card. Showing the ball on the ground might me good for a defensive player - not for the QB.
Starting Line-up! Garish SPX! And a Ravens era card! All over the place with these, and its what I want when I do get a small stack of cards of a specific player.
Compare and contrast the newness of Chrome cards with old-school Turkey Red card. McNair is one of the perfect choices to have scrambling photos included on their base cards. The one in the lower right corner is the only dupe I picked up in error. But there's a nice pic as a consolation prize.
When I saw the Bills logo in the background, I was hoping that it was a 2/14 QB clash with Jim Kelly providing the opposition. But it was the season finale, and with the Bills already in the playoffs, he had the game off, and Todd Collins and Alex Van Pelt were thrown to the wolves. Still, there's some weather fun there.

There you have it!






1 comment:

  1. That Prestige insert looks great--reminds me of something that could have come out of a product like Flair--and it's very cool that you found so many McNairs on Sportlots too.

    ReplyDelete