Thursday 19 October 2023

2/14 Hoops

Just a quick show-off of a bunch of basketball additions to the 2/14 collection. There's not too much variety in terms of players, but that's made up for with the variety of sets. All these came from a recent sportlots and COMC shipment.

In terms of variety, Tyus Edney was in 3rd place. Those Skybox Z-Force cards are definitely what I want and expect from a mid 90s card. Garish and kinda incomprehensible as to why.

Do I dare to peel? Do I dare to look through all the dated cards issued in this and the hockey release to see if any of them took place on 2/14? And if I do that, do all-star cards from the 2016 NBA All-Star Game in Toronto, played on 2/14 count?
As for the others, there is a tie for top spot with 11 each. I'm surprised I didn't have that one already. For comparison on that first card, Eric Murdock is listed at 6'2. Even with both him and Muresan slightly bent over, Muresan still makes him look tiny.
Suitable for Muresan, here's a couple taller cards. Do the increased height  of these give them the overall edge? Since they only count as one in the overall count, nope! 

And here's what it would take to turn that second one into a standee. 
More tempting peel opportunities! More very 90s cards. 

Stickers! Or at least one! 
Here's some more to move Hamilton into the tie with 11 cards. Different teams, different designs, different years, and one re-used photo between cards. But since they're cropped differently, I guess they're allowed to get away with it. Especially when one of the set is a game set like Adrenalyn.

And there's a whole bunch of new 2/14ness. And since I'm in the mood, more next post!

1 comment:

  1. Muresan! I dont think I realized that he was a 2/14 bday. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete