Monday 9 October 2023

Mailbag!

 The mailbag opens up yet again, this one coming from Night Owl!

And the mailbag opens up with a 2/14 card from the short lived Alliance of American Football. Jeff has an autographed card in this release, which I've added previously. But not his base card! Until now. 
Here's a 2/14 guy that could fit into either this or my Bills collection. No matter, Jim Kelly could be the leader of either collection with 242 cards total of his in my possession. Not counting dupes that are in both. 
That's a nice lead-in to the Bills portion of the mailer. It might not be the best card here, but that Bruce Smith Sack Attack is easily my favourite since it was one of only a few cards I have on my TCDB wantlist randomly. I also like that Tim Anderson, since I had no memories of him on the team at all. But linking to some of the mid 00's team might just mean I've completely blocked him out of my memory.
Also, jersey #69 - nice.
The Vladdy that didn't have me wincing a few days back. 
The Jays portion features the Vladdy that did. Robbie Ray hits the most obscure parallel in this mailer, being a Black & White, Mini Diamonds Refractor. Whew. I hope things change over the next year, but wow, is that Varsho trade look depressing in retrospect, especially with how Moreno's post-season has gone so far. 
At least the Mets imploded early before I could get my hopes up.
And I can use an autograph of one of their outfielders of the future of the past to take the edge off.

There you have it!


1 comment:

  1. I missed this -- was on vacation at the time. ... I have no Tim Anderson memories either, in fact when I think back to whether I was watching the Bills in the early 2000s, I have no memory of that as well.

    ReplyDelete