Thursday 5 January 2017

No Rhyme. No Reason.

I really can't point to a specific reason why I purchased the Atlanta hawks spot in a break of Court Kings. But that ended up as a really pleasant decision.
I did really like the base cards in this set over its run, and my previous Raptors slot didn't land me any of them. So, this one card, the only base card I got, puts my total cards from the regular base at 1.
I got a little more variety among the rookie designs as well. The top 2 were familiar to me, but the ones on the bottom were my first cards from the second tier of the rookie portion of the set.
One of the times that a white relic is preferred, especially with on a red background. It tones down the card.

These are nice, but they really don't equal the best Hawks item from the break.
An on-card autograph of a Hall of Famer. Beautiful! And this might not be as visible in this form as it is in hand, but this was actually a 5*7 box topper with the auto. As nice as these look without an auto, they look much nicer when that white space is put to good use.
You even get the matching Hawks logo on the back. This is a beauty, although I would swap it in a second for an auto'ed Stoudamire from this same set.
It is easier for me to explain why I grabbed the Canucks in a case of Ultimate. To chase a nice Jake Virtanen hit for the collection. That didn't happen, but these are nice consolation prizes.

And there you go!

2 comments:

  1. I don't bust basketball anymore, but if I ever did... I'd probably go with Court Kings. That Wilkins on-card autograph is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 'Nique auto is awesome.

    ReplyDelete