Friday 28 June 2024

Mailbag: Cards on Cards

 Opening up a recent bubbler from Kerry @ Cards on Cards for this post.

First up was the only football card in the pack. I love the Valor design from this release with the logo background, but was certain I already had this card. Turns out that was a numbered parallel, so this is a new addition to my collection. 
I've come across a grand total of zero cards from the Zoos Who portion of the Heritage set in the wild. Anywhere. So I welcome this Blue Jay card from this portion to my collection. And this will be added into the misc insert portion of the Heritage collection instead. 
I'll switch from the Jays to the Mets with these cards. I have no clue at all what these are, or where they are from. While there are logos on these, they still look mindblowingly bootleg. But they are amazing additions to the collection, despite Edwin Diaz having a Yankees logo on his card. 
Numbered Mets! 
I have the base version of this already, and now I have the shiny/holo/prizm/whatever parallel of it. That means I have 2 Jordan Yamamoto autos - one card for every game he appeared in as a Met. I kinda enjoy the accomplishment.
Back to 2/14 land with a pair of Nolans! He's all over releases this season, and as one of the more high-profile rookies this season, thanks to his quick trip through the minors, means he's all over releases this season. All the better to fill up the collection - he's currently at 12, with an autograph sitting in my to-be-posted box. 
Basketball was the king of the PWEs, with these 3 new additions to my Jamal Murray collection. He may not have picked up a second championship ring, but maybe he'll earn an Olympic medal later this summer.
But it was the Raptors that easily won the volume contest with this nice collection consisting of shininess, parallels and inserts. A couple trophy appearances are a wonderful way to start, even 5 years removed from the victory. It really is a modern card collecting problem to receive 3 cards with the same image, since now you have to find out what parallel each is. The darker one is a blue parallel, while the only numbered card is a White Diamond. Vince Carter's dino uniform is on a Red Ice parallel. It's a little hard to see, but Siakam is a pink parallel. With RJ Barrett to close, it's nice how quickly the new arrivals were added in the product with their new team.

So, thanks for all these goodies! I've got something packaged up to return fire - just need to get to a post office. 

There you have it!

2 comments:

  1. Those bootleg cards are so bizarre. I know they were found on Amazon, I haven't decided whether I want to investigate any myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen those bootleg cards before, but just like the "Broders" of the late 80's/early 90's... I'd have no problem adding them to my collection. And I like the creative effort Topps put into the Zoos Who set. Definitely beats a lot of the other stuff they put out.

    ReplyDelete