Thursday 5 January 2023

First PWE of the Year

 

Or, this is the last PWE of 2022. I received it from Tom @ Angels in Order, after sending a PWE his way as he announced his return to the trading market. I put it aside, planning to to open it up on Christmas Day. And then I completely and totally forgot about it. So, I held on to it until 1/1, to make it my first opening of the new year. 

Despite not exactly being your standard card size, this Starting Lineup card arrived in ideal shape.

I love minor league cards - and the more small-time they seem, the better. This a CMC card, so it isn't quite at the "Free with purchase at the gas station" level, but it is still charming in its simplicity.
This is the gold parallel out of 1998 Stars, meaning that there are only 2299 of these out there, as opposed to 4399 for the silvers, 9799 for the bronzes. If you want a rainbow with your gold, there are 99 of those. And probably a couple more parallels I couldn't find at COMC.
"Stars of MLB" is definitely one of the lazier names for an insert set out there, but I'll still welcome two new cards of a couple former Mets to my binder.
2022 Shininess!
And another Jays parallel, that, if it were issued 17 years later, would probably be equally shiny. 

There you have it! I did drop a second PWE in the mail a little before Christmas, so hopefully that has made its way to you successfully! 





2 comments:

  1. Honored to be the first! And yes, I got the two PWEs, to be highlighted in my end-of-month mail post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete