Although I don't have any true Toronto Tempo cards yet, I do have a few of players who have or had affiliation with the team.
I'm leading with Nyara Sabally, since she's the only one I had a card of prior to the team starting up.
All these players were picked in the expansion draft, but would never play a regular season game with the team. Still, I have people like Dontonio Wingfield and BJ Tyler in my Raptors binder, who also played zero games for the team.It was almost expected that Kia Nurse, from nearby Hamilton, would sign with the first Canadian team. She's part of the multi-sport talented Nurse clan. Father Richard played in the CFL, brother Darnell is in the NHL, cousin Sarah plays in the PWHL, and her uncle is Donovan McNabb. It is so appropriate that their first ever draft pick is wearing #1 in her card photo. She's been perfectly fine, and despite her being the first pick of an expansion team, she hasn't been called upon to carry the team.Finally, the Million Dollar Backcourt! The Tempo were hovering around the .500 mark for the first part of the season. Then Sykes got hurt, and they ended up with a 12-game losing string, that knocked them down and out of playoff contention. At least it did increase their draft lottery odds. Mabrey has easily been the team's star this year, in fact she was their first All-Star. Marina had a 53 point game earlier this year, which tied the WNBA record for a single game. It was also 1 behind Fred VanVleet's record for most points in a game in Toronto basketball history.
And she did with 8 fewer minutes in the game that the Raptors. Which for those that like WHIP-esque stats, is even more impressive.
Until I get actual Tempo cards, there you have it!




.jpg)
👍
ReplyDelete