Back to my most recent COMC incoming shipment, and the pile, approximately 100 worth, of 2/14 content contained within.
There were a few debuts in this. In fact, all of the upcoming posts from this shipment will have a newer face. This gets the bonus greatness of being my first appearance of Norway's national team in the collection. The CHL sees a new representative come with at least one of the cards from each of the leagues, but only one of which, the Paolucci, comes from a widely available set. The Leavins entry gives the most local issue feel of the local issues, so it is probably my favourite of this bunch. There's still some more CHL cards, but of someone who has appeared before.Matt O'Connor has played in one NHL game. I have 29 cards of his. That doesn't count ones that I have in both my Sens and my 2/14 collection. At least I have fewer Milan Hejduk cards than he has NHL games. I'm only about 800 or so short.The one-and-done portion ends with this appearance of Ryan MacInnis. This was obviously a sticker dump out of one of their Mississauga Expo giveaway packs, since Ryan MacInnis played only one NHL game with the Sabres, although he had part seasons with the Blue Jackets. This moves his numbers into double digits, and at TCDB, I'm 8 cards up on the nearest collectors.Back to the CHL with these McShane entries. He was a 4th round pick of the Habs, but has played his entire post-OHL years across the Atlantic. Someone still pays him to play hockey, so good for him!Moving outside of his rookie season, Lane Hutson's cards have become much more reasonable additions to the binders. He's now in the double-digits with these 4 additions from his sophomore season.Eric Nystrom is up next with these 5 cards. The top right one is a retro parallel, with the lower left being a wrapper redemption red parallel. I'm not to sure why the red fades to white at the very edge of the border. To make the corners appear better?
Brandon Sutter has 5 cards as well, but there are more obscure entries here, with 3 sets I've never posted before in any post on the blog. The opening two are from local Subway releases, with the final one in the top row being a Topps Now sticker. I've posted Topps Now cards. I've posted Topps stickers, but never the best of both worlds. This one salutes his first hat trick, a feat that 5 Sutters previously accomplished. Given that the lower two are quite inexpensive thanks to e-pack, I'm somewhat surprised I didn't have copies of them already.But it is Nikolaj Ehlers that is the big winner this time with 6 new cards. Nothing too special here, but I do land an alternate jersey in the lower row.
And there you have it!





.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment