Sunday 11 February 2024

2024 Adventures in Repacks - Part 4: 2 of a Repacked Kind

A pair of two pack hangers from Wally World. They contained these packs. 

Only the Chrome Platinum is a product I've opened previously. I have opened the previous year's Topps UK, and the non-Chromed NPB, so much of this break is new to me!

Repack #1:

And that's a really solid grouping of players. A couple HOFers, A Met. And some shininess. Every card has something interesting about it.
I didn't bust too much '22 flagship, so pretty much everything in this will be new to me. Much like this year, I went all-in on Heritage. So I can savour some of the alternate uniforms that show up here. That Chisholm was one of the few cards here that I do recall actually pulling from a flagship pack.
A couple of the cards here, namely the Cronenworth and the Smith, will be bound for stateside trade partners in the future. There's the only Jays card of the break - at least it makes for an interesting photo, despite the Jays seemingly being cursed to lose every time the red alternates come out.

Repack #2:
I guess if I could pick any player to land a parallel of in these packs, it would probably be Tanaka. This is an Aqua refractor, numbered /199, and they fall 1:15 packs. Not a bad get for the only pack I've done of this. People who busted products in the early 2010s would also notice Jerry Sands' appearance, since he was a mainstay of that time, especially in Bowman releases. 
Even with the Mets card, this was a pretty boring group of photos unleashed on an unexpecting UK baseball card fan base. I guess the Giolito is the most unique of the group. But still, blah.
And the second batch isn't much better, but at least I get a nice insert for my CanCon collection. And there's a City Connect jersey in the mix.

Still, nothing was going to beat that Tanaka parallel.

There you have it.

2 comments: