Thursday 21 September 2023

2023 Adventures in Repacks - Part 26: Time To Reload

 I guess I'm going to have to order in some new repacks, as this was the final one in the box:

Football with a hit! Even with a base card, Prizm is a wonderful way to start off any post.
Thank you, Upper Deck, for beautifully capturing a Raiders lineman and the battle with swamp ass. Charming. Bills content! WOO-HOO! Bills content that doubles as OL content is even better. A kicker card is a nice follow-up. 2013 Rookies and Stars was one of my favourite designs of the 2010's - I loved all the colour. 
Marcus Robinson takes us back to a nice time when SP Authentic didn't mean a player with a random silver pattern behind the,. They really got their value off the purchase of a bunch of 1991 UD cards - almost like 1990 Bowman in hockey. Another Bills card! And an example of one of the most literal Hall of Fame cards.
And the hit - a punter hit! I might be the only person on the planet happy to get a punter's card as the hit. Long live the obscurity of special teams! 
This is the second time I've landed one of those Black Gold redemption cards in one of these repacks. I prefer this Barry Foster to the Kelvin Martin. Just because. 
And the finale. I know people that freak out over the tiniest corner ding probably hate these designs, but colourful designs > standard white/silver. 

There you have it!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... Berger.

    I've never seen that Riggins before, very cool card.

    And I used to work with a girl who told us she dated Jordan Reed in High School. I believed her.

    ReplyDelete