Monday 21 August 2017

Flea Market Rangers

Time to show off some of the Kitchener Rangers alum picked up at the flea market trip.
I can't believe I didn't have this card already. The push pin design s one of my favourites from the 80s, so I can't really explain why I didn't have a card of a PC player from it. No matter the reason, that's remedied now.
The Stevens was the only base card in the group of 5. Here's the only parallel in the group. Paul Coffey in gold parallel form from 1994 Select. Or Certified Gold if you want to be technically correct. Interestingly, that's fellow Rangers alum in the background with the #23 clad Brian Bellows.
A rather formal looking card, appropriately out of Crown Royale is the last of the non-hits. Calder Collection includes a mix of potential Calder winners from this season, and no Calder winners from any previous season. If you're going for a mix of the two in a subset, that seems off. Jeff Skinner is the only one in this set that actually won the trophy. Because of course.
If I didn't need this in my alumni collection, it can go in my Senators binder. Or vice versa, since I didn't have it in either.
Start with a HOFer. End with a HOFer. This time in relic form, with those two colours you traditionally associate with the St. Louis Blues - silver and red. You'd think they'd at least use a photo from the era where red appeared on the jersey to explain that. No idea about the silver, though.

And there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - WTH is that silver?

    http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues.html

    Never a color on a uniform during his tenure. And Blues - go back to your early 90's sweaters. Those were the best you wore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Stevens! I love the push pin design too!

    ReplyDelete