Friday 12 July 2024

4 Years of Mischief

 

Another year, another time to show off the lovely curly lady dog in my life on her birthday. 

And to show off the cards I've added to her birthday bind, slider box. 

I feel I've been pretty good when it comes to not going overboard with this, at least in comparison to my 2/14 collection. But if something comes up that does hit the sweet spot of fitting in with this, and any of my other PCs, then I can justify getting one or two new cards.
Currently, the biggest name in the collection is NBAer Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Historically, it probably is George Washington Carver. This comes from 2009 Topps American Heritage, which utilized a bunch of baseball designs in it, ala Archives. The only other contender historically might be Malala Yousafzai.

I'll note that Bill Cosby is also a 7/12 baby, and he could also have been a contender for a top spot quite a few years back.

Please don't send me any of his cards.

With Mischief being a little girl, I'm always looking to add cards to the ladies' portion of the collection. I still haven't added Hilary Knight, but here's an Inbee Park to add my first golf card. It follows the Upper Deck tradition of being ridiculously cheap because of e-pack availability. 

Shininess!
Another parallel. These golds might not be super shiny, but this one does have a nice throwback uniform going for it. This hits the 'interesting photo' motif, and is an exception to my request not to pile on cards of the people featured in the Mischief posts. When someone gets an interesting card, one is never enough.
Another 'cheap because of e-packs' entry features a first round draft pick of the Columbus Blue Jackets. When I got this card, my first thought was "That logo isn't long for the world". And yes, by the time I had it in hand, it had already been replaced. They did the Peoria Chiefs thing of keeping the name, but ditching the motif. With a name like Warriors, there were a lot more options. 
I don't have any Aussie NBL cards in my birthday collection. Mischief has one. 
More crossover here, and twice the crossover potential. Landon Leach could easily make the penmanship binder with his signature, but I could also have him in my baseball Canadians collection as well. His minor league career does appear to have ended in 2022, but for this collection, or any of them he qualifies for, that doesn't matter.

I'm quite proud of myself for not going too overboard with this mini-collection.

There you have it!
And here you have one more picture of Mischief, sharing a sweet moment with her fence-bouncy boyfriend, Oslo.

3 comments: