Tuesday 30 July 2024

2/14 B-ball

 There wasn't any football content in the 2/14 portion of the latest arrivals, so I'm going to wrap it up with some action from the diamond and the hardwood.

It is only card for the basketball portion, but with a whopping 5 cards, Kara Lawson is still the queen of the women's portion of the set. I guess I could load up on Kennedy Burke entries from Prizm 2022, but given that Lawson isn't from the parallel era, that really wouldn't be sporting.
These 2 cards vault me back into the title of the Marzano King over at COMC, with 68 different cards of his. I always wonder with these if the guy who ends up as the Queen of Hearts gets joked with by his teammates. 
Scott Scudder also gets a pair of new cards. That old Nashville Sounds logo is pretty great, hitting the minor league sweet spot of goofiness. 
Shininess! This Neon Green Prizm out of Spectra is /30, numbered to lower than the number of cards I have of his, 35. 
The grand finale sees my first hit of Nolan Schanuel in the collection. He's had a perfectly average 2024 so his prices remain fairly reasonable for someone who made such a quick rise to the majors. This one is a Prime Numbers parallel, numbered to a very non-prime number of 60. I always say it, but I'd rather they make one more card and number it to a prime number like 61. It would fit the set better.

But the card is number 61 in the set, so at least I get that.

There you have it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment