Tuesday 19 December 2017

2/14 binder newness - Part 1

As mail starts rolling into Chez Buckstorecards, maybe it is time that I get caught up on them. Trade packages, group break packages and a COMC package. I probably should put the case break to the side for a bit, and start doing some work on recapping those. I'll start with the COMC stuff, which was mainly filled with set builders that I won't bore you with, some 2/14 stuff and a whole bunch of miscellany really doesn't group together in any manner more than 3 or 4 cards each. Fortunately, the 2/14 additions was well into the 30s, so I can bump off a lot of the box with a pair of alphabetical posts.
There's a shift at the top of my 'miscellany' category with the addition of these two parallels. Cavani, shown here on both his parallel Paris Saint-Germain card and his parallel of a parallel Uruguay card, takes over the top spot from Ayako Hamada with 6 cards to her 5.
A pair of 1984 Update cards bumps my Cocanowers up to 13.
Numbers-wise, Jeff Dellenbach is the oddest member of the collection. He played in the most NFL games of any member of the collection, and was active during the junk wax era. But, since he was an offensive lineman, he only gets a handful of cards. This Super Bowl issue highlights his victory as a Green Bay Packer over his former team in New England. It is his 5th entry in the binder. Considering this was the Super Bowl that inspired all those riffs in Giant Spider invasion, I probably should link to that. I should, but it would be way too easy.
MVP being available in e-pack form gives plenty of inexpensive options for adding cards from that UD release to the binder. Here's a pair of Ehlers cards, 1 from this year, one from last year.
Here's two more parallels, alongside another parallel - the gold rush parallel from 2012 Score. Gaborik remains the king of the binder in terms of numbers with 166 cards.
The other miscellaneous card for today is my second card of Walking Dead's Danai Gurira. I still haven't watched an episode of that show.
The late Brad Halsey also gets a pair of cards, and also moves to 13 cards in the baseball portion.
A cheap base card from a higher-end set becomes my 53rd Alshon Jeffrey card.
As a Bills fan, Jim Kelly should be the king of the football portion of my 2/14 collection. These 4 cards strengthen his lead to 9 cards over Steve McNair. My fave here is the Fleer card, which not only features 2/14 prominently on the front of the card but is from a somewhat oddball 1995 Shell FACT release.

That's only half of my 2/14 cards from COMC. M through Z are up tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. "Considering this was the Super Bowl that inspired all those riffs in Giant Spider invasion, I probably should link to that. I should, but it would be way too easy."

    No video?

    ReplyDelete