Tuesday 24 September 2024

Last to be First

 

To be honest, I know I'm not the last to bust one of the Elite FOTL boxes and chase some low-numbered shininess, but it works for the title of this post. The configuration is just like regular EE, but with a few special low-numbered parallels.

Pack 1:

And the first pack isn't at all different from one I might have found in the regular box. At least that gives me something to look forward too. But at least I got a card of a guy named Belfry. And probably the dullest photo in the set with Jackson Cox.

Pack 2:

Now we see our first of the FOTL parallels, and it is one of the better ones to get. It might have been nicer to get it with ink attached, buy Junior Caminero is one of the better prospects out there. But Tampa prospects have been problematic for me in the past, so maybe it is better that this isn't an auto. As for the ones I did land, Melendez has an amazingly great nickname - The Hispanic Titanic, so there's always that.

Pack 3:

I've come across cards of people with hyphenated last names. Not as much so with the first names until this one. There's FOTL card #2, and it shows there's autographed versions as well of their exclusives. I also hope you like Eric de la Cruz, because you'll be seeing him again.

Pack 4: 
Such as right away in the very next pack. I have no idea what type of material was used on that Brenner Cox auto, but it came out of the pack about as warped as early 2010s Topps Chrome cards. Not even having it share a pack with that super thick Elijah Green card helped keep it in shape. The patch card is at least taller than it when I place them on a flat surface, but it is pretty close. 

Pack 5:
You want more Eric de la Cruz - you get him here. I'm not sure why his FOTL auto is /10 when the previous one was /20. I also like that both autos are penmanship binder contenders. Dombroski even adds the III to his Bowman auto, I guess taking advantage of having more room working outside of stickers. Jacob Melton provides the lowest numbered card of the box, and I won't say anything juvenile about the last card being someone named Beavers.

Because that would be very wrong.

There you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment