Saturday 7 September 2024

Kick-Off In Buffalo

 This seems like the perfect day to showcase the Bills content in my COMC to-be-posted box!

And all I have is this. This isn't even a Bills card, as it features the one who is probably now their number #1 WR with a photoshopped Boise State Broncos uniform. I'd probably be a little more worried about him at #1 if I still didn't have sweet, sweet memories of his TD against the Steelers in the playoffs.

I can't end it with a one-and-done, so here's a small selection of other misc. football cards in the box.
Like a Mr. Irrelevant! Ryan would make more appearances on Bachelorette episodes than during NFL games. But hey, he still got closer to the NFL than I, or anybody reading this, ever will. So, good for him! On both counts.
Appreciate the beauty of a Running Back throwing the football on a base card. Wildcat!
I know it is Stadium Club, so sometimes one has to think outside the box when it comes to their photos. This, however, makes me wonder how far away from the box they were when they opted for this choice. 
This photo was certainly a choice. 
Especially when the photo on the back would work just fine for the front. 
This was the only card that Council Rudolph would get in his career. That's a shame, with a name as great as that. Even more of a shame is that it was with the dreadful expansion Bucs. But the reason this was odd comes from the jersey he's sporting in the photo. That's obviously Houston Oilers blue...
who he played for 3 seasons ago. So, they actually took a photo that could have been used, but wasn't, for a card in 1972. And they couldn't even find a more recent photo. I feel sorry for him having to show off "his card" only for it to be an old photo.

But there you have it!

1 comment: