Saturday 27 May 2017

1989 Panini NFL Stickers Box Break - Part 5

Another dozen packs.

Pack #38:
This grouping starts with a flashback to the shared stadiums of the 80s, with the an early season game and the dirt of the infield still visible. The Jarvis Williams celebration shot is pretty cool too.

Pack #39:
WOO-HOO! 2-14 baby! I already had this one in the album, so this is off to the 2-14 binder! I'll get a third for a Wolverines alum collector. Cornelius Bennett's all-pro card is along for the ride in this pack.

Pack 40:
My name is Max Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Pack 41:
Bills foil! Along with the pride of North Battleford, Saskatchewan!

Pack 42:
I love the photo on this Karl Mecklenburg. It is as if he's just daring someone to try and get past.

Pack 43:
A Dolphins hot pack!

Pack 44:
More Bills content.

Pack 45:
The only "When in doubt, scan the foil sticker" this time around.

Pack 46:
When in doubt, scan the sticker of some random offensive lineman.

Pack 47:
More infield dirt. I'm also highlighting his teammate in Tom Newberry not to show off the Rams hot pack, but instead to show the sticker that completed the first team set in the album as Newberry slips into the final empty Rams spot.

Pack 48:
Football needs more guys named Tulch. And Hinkle. These two made the Steelers the second completed team in the album, and the first one that had a foil logo as part of the team set.

Pack 49:
A Bills sticker should be the highlight, but the Steve Jordan is kinda cool too for non-football reasons. And that's simply because of the time he showed off the perfect passer.



And I'm still not even halfway through the box!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a Steelers fan, but I have to say that I've always been impressed with Tunch Ilkin's work on radio broadcasts. Also, 1987 was the first year I collected cards and anytime I see Rueben Mayes, I think of his 1987 Topps card. The photo was so unique!

    ReplyDelete